Social prescribing – just what the doctor ordered!
Richmond AID has delivered a nine month social Social Prescribing pilot for Barnes residents, commissioned by Richmond Clinical Commissioning Group.
An independent evaluation was carried out and we look forward to seeing the report.
If you need help and support, please contact our Information Navigation team on 020 8831 6070.
What is Social Prescribing?
Social Prescribing can help improve patients’ wellbeing by prescribing social and leisure activities, volunteering opportunities or well-being activities, as well as dealing with medical needs. Social prescribing supports people in a holistic way. It enables everyone to have greater control over their own health, recognising that people’s health can be affected by social, economic and environmental factors.
What kind of support is available?
Social prescribing can help people to access support in the following areas
- getting out and about and accessible transport
- activities, well-being services and support with healthy lifestyles
- building networks and making friends in your community
- getting back into work (if that’s what you want) or volunteering opportunities
- advice, information services and advocacy services
- housing, benefits and money advice services
- grants and food banks
- information, support and services for carers
- information, support and services for parents
- social activities around disability or long term conditions
- help with emotional and family issues
- and more…..