Are considered ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’?
If you are, you need to register with both your supermarket, and with the government. This is important.
By registering you will be able to get a government food box, and ensure you have a priority shopping slot.
Am I a ‘clinically vulnerable person’?
- The answers are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
How do I register as a ‘clinically vulnerable person’?
- You can call 0800 028 8327 or register online: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
Why should I register as a clinically vulnerable person?
- To access a government food box
AND / OR
- To access a supermarket priority shopping slot (you need to be registered with both the supermarket and the government).
How do I access a government food box?
- When signing up, answer ‘no’ to the question ‘do you have a way of getting essential supplies delivered at the moment’.
How do I access a priority supermarket slot?
- Same as above. When signing up, answer ‘no’ to the question ‘do you have a way of getting essential supplies delivered at the moment’ in order for your data to be passed onto supermarkets.
- Supermarkets should then be prioritising you for an online delivery slot.
What if I no longer need a government food box, but I want to stay registered for a priority slot with my supermarket?
- Visit the gov.uk site and re-register.
- State ‘yes’ when asked ‘do you have a way of getting essential supplies delivered at the moment.’
- This will de-register you for a food box, but supermarkets do not remove the ‘flag’ from their database.
- You will therefore remain registered as needing a priority slot with their chosen supermarket(s), as long as you are previously registered with them.
If you need support please contact us:
Call 020 8831 6464
Email [email protected]